YBP Library Services Offers Digital Spanish-Language Content from e-Libro
MIAMI, FL - June 18, 2012 - e-Libro, the leading provider of Spanish-language digital content, today announced that its titles are now available in GOBI (Global Online Bibliographic Information), YBP Library Services' acquisition and collection management interface.
Hosted on the ebrary® platform, e-Libro offers more than 9,000 Spanish-language titles including ebooks, journals, articles and theses. Already available in Spain and 17 Latin American countries, e-Libro is poised to enter the U.S. market, among others, with the expansion of its new strategic alliance with YBP.
"We are pleased to offer our extensive collection of digital Spanish-language titles through YBP. They have decades of proven success in serving the needs of academic research libraries worldwide," said Felipe Varela, e-Libro President.
"Our partnership with e-Libro is the perfect complement to the innovative and integrated products and services YBP is known for. It strengthens the breadth of products and services we offer libraries worldwide and ensures that we can provide the most innovative workflow solutions in the industry. By reviewing Spanish-language titles in GOBI, librarians have access to the information they need to put the most relevant content in the hands of their patrons," said Mark Kendall, Senior Vice President of YBP.
YBP offers digital Spanish-language titles for title-by-title purchase from the following subscription databases:
- Spanish Complete (includes all databases below)
- Architecture, Urbanism & Design
- Biological, Veterinary & Agronomy Sciences
- Computer Science & Telecommunications
- Economic & Administrative Sciences
- Fine Arts, Visual Arts & Semiotics
- General Interest (includes European & American Literature Classics)
- Health Sciences (includes Medicine)
- Information Science & Communication
- Physical & Natural Sciences
- Social Sciences (includes Law & Political Science)
Notable features of the ebrary platform:
- Intuitive interface localized in Spanish and other languages
- ebrary InfoTools™ turn every word in every document into a portal to additional information.
- Multiple options for searching and navigating
- Personal bookshelves that automatically store links to highlights, notes, etc.
- Automatic citations when text is printed or copied and pasted, with an automatic URL hyperlink back to the source.
- Highlighting and annotating
- Text-to-speech accessibility
To learn more about how to acquire Spanish-language titles from YBP, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
About YBP Library Services
YBP Library Services, a Baker & Taylor company, provides books and supporting collection management and technical services to academic, research and special libraries in the Americas, Asia, Middle East, Australia and the Pacific Rim. GOBI, YBP's acquisition and collection development interface, provides access to more than 8 million titles. YBP is located in Contoocook, NH, USA. For more on the company visit, www.ybp.com.
e-Libro Corp. was founded in 1998 by Eduardo Varela-Cid, and its first site, www.e-libro.net, became the first known Virtual Spanish Language Publisher. In 1999, e-Libro licensed ebrary's technology to develop its Spanish-language interface which was launched at www.e-libro.com. e-Libro currently offers more than 48,000 books, journals and other texts from over 150 prestigious publishing companies, and continues to digitize more than 800 titles every month. The company provides several subscription options to public libraries, university, corporate and other academic institutions, and supports individual authors and corporations with services such as editing, e-publishing and print-on-demand.
About ebrary (www.ebrary.com)
ebrary helps customers acquire e-books strategically through a three step approach: Transition,
Diversify and Streamline™. The company believes that by challenging the e-book status quo,
organizations can effectively serve the diverse and growing needs of researchers and maximize
their budgets. Founded in 1999, long before e-books were popular, ebrary is a ProQuest
business located in Palo Alto, CA, USA.
ebrary® is the registered trademark of ebrary, a ProQuest business.
Senior Vice President of Sales
YBP Library Services
Vice President of Marketing